What To Expect at Southern Veterinary Hospital
Southern Veterinary Hospital recognizes that pets are part of the family, which is why we treat each of them like they were our own. Dr. Nicole Martin has assembled a friendly and knowledgable team of veterinary professionals, dedicated to providing you and your pets with the quality care and service you deserve. Our staff is efficient and takes pride in keeping the facility clean and welcoming to our clients. Southern Veterinary Hospital has also invested in up-to-date and modern equipment, so that we can deliver the results you need.
We recommend bringing every pet in for a routine wellness exam at least once a year. This includes a physical exam, in which Dr. Martin checks the overall health of your pet from head to tail. Routine parasite checks are also performed at this time. Detecting problems early is key in maintaining your pet's overall health and well being. We look forward to seeing you!
To schedule an appointment, please call us at 910-642-3776
**COVID-19 Update - CURBSIDE SERVICES ONLY**
We have initiated a curbside service check-in procedure as follows:
1. Clients are not allowed into the building without consent from a staff member. A face mask is required.
2. Please TEXT 910-392-7992 or CALL 910-642-3776 to check in. Give your name, your pet's name, the reason for your visit, and which parking spot you are located in.
3. Our staff will be wearing masks when approaching your vehicle to discuss the details of you visit. We would appreciate it if clients would wear a mask as well, and refrain from smoking while interacting with staff.
4. For their safety, all pets should be on a leash or in a crate or carrier.
5. Your pet will be escorted inside for his or her appointment while you wait in you vehicle. Please remain on the premises while your pet is being examined and have your phone available during this time. Once your pet's exam is complete, Dr. Martin will provide a phone consultation to discuss her findings and recommendations with you.
6. Wait times may vary depending on the level of care your pet requires, staff availability, and emergencies, but is generally around 30 minutes.
7. Your pet will be escorted back to your vehicle to complete the check-out process. At this time, a staff member will go over any discharge instructions, medications, or questions you may have, along with taking your payment.
We understand you may have concerns about not being with your pets during this time but rest assured, our team does our best to make their experience as pleasant and fear free as possible. Generally, most pets do just fine without their owners present and we promise to treat your pet like one of our own.
**ATTENTION: If you are sick in any way, displaying symptoms, or have been exposed to COVID-19, please reschedule or cancel you pet's appointment. If it is an emergency please call so we can advise you on how to proceed.**
Scheduling An Appointment
To make an appointment for your pet, please call 910-642-3776. Appointments are given priority over any non-emergency "work-ins." The demands for veterinary care have dramatically increased, which often means our schedule is at its maximum capacity for our one veterinarian on staff. In order to provide a safe level of patient care, there must be daily limits on how many patients can be seen or "worked-in." Our appointment schedule is frequently booked 2 to 3 weeks out for new patients. Eligibility for "work-in" appointments is determined on a case by case basis. Priority is given to our currently established clients with pets that need to be seen or require ongoing medical treatments.
Not being able to see patients right away is frustrating and stressful for both you and our veterinary team. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer 24-hour care and services. There are times when we cannot fit any more patients into our schedule and we must refer you to other veterinary or emergency services. Dr. Martin may also need to refer you and your pet elsewhere for more specialized veterinary care.